March 22, 2009

Doctor's visit


Mr. Brick, who is a surgeon, came to our school to teach us more about a human body, because our topic is all about human body, for example: digestion, nutrition and healthy food. First, when Mr. Brick came to the hall, he told us that healthy food is very good for us and there are some good fats that are needed for our brain. Next, he showed us a life or how he became a surgeon. It was a sort of spooky or scary for me when he showed us a picture of a bone.
Then he told us some things that he needs when he operates on people, for example, goggles, a hat to cover your hair, a mask and gloves. He told us about some other things, but I can not remember them.
Miss Garnett, my teacher, had to choose one person to go on the stage and, she chose me. I don’t know why.
So I went up on the stage. They had to operate on me. Well, it was a fake operation. It was a sort of fun. It felt weird, very weird. At the end of the show, everybody clapped, and of my friends cried, because she was worried about me. It was fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And how do you feel now after the operation???Were the doctors good?Did it hurt????
and...would you like to be a doctor in the future?
Grandma Sonia(Gabriel and Arthur's Grandma from Brazil.)